This is part 18 of ‘What the health’ series. You can find earlier parts here – part1, part2, part3, part4, part 5, part 6, part 7, part 8, part 9, part 10, part 11, part12, part13, part14, part15, part16, part 17
buy gabapentin online reddit 3. Sleep (3)
How do you ensure a good night’s sleep –
- Shutdown your computer, cell phone, and TV at least an hour before you go to bed. No gadgets on the bedside.
- Save your bedroom for sleep, rather than work, dining or entertainment.
- Create a bedtime ritual. It’s not the time to tackle big issues. Instead, take a warm bath, meditate, or read.
- Stick to a schedule, waking up and retiring at the same times every day, even on weekends.
- Avoid eating heavy meals and alcohol close to bedtime, which may cause heartburn and make it hard to fall asleep. And steer clear of soda, tea, coffee, and chocolate after 2 p.m. Caffeine can stay in your system for 5 to 6 hours. I stopped drinking coffee completely since last 2 years.
- Turn out the lights. Darkness cues your body to release the natural sleep hormone melatonin, while light suppresses it.
I do have sleep issues – I am oversensitive to sounds, any small sound wakes me up and if I wake up in the middle of the night I have hard time going back to sleep again (mostly thoughts keep in awake). So the thing that helped me the most with my sleep issues is the app InsightTimer – it has loads of guided sleep meditations/ hypnosis. I absolutely love it, Glenn Harrold’s meditations are my most favorite. Whenever I am having trouble sleeping I play his sleep hypnosis and sleep like a baby… no more sleeping pills for me.
to be continued…
Sweater: Nordstrom Rack
Shoes: Steve Madden